Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Maxi - Moms

I and my niece - Ammu - will have maximum argument when she will wear a Maxi (night gown) at home. I hate to see any one wearing Maxi. But Beena feels Maxi gives maximum comfort. Then she argues that Maxi also covers the body maximum....what is my problem. My problem goes back to 1980s when I landed in Bombay (Mumbai). I used to stay in a place called Kalina in Santacruz. Whenever I go to market in the evenings, I saw ladies roaming around on the road wearing Maxi . Till then, I used to think that it is a night wear.

I also see in Kerala, moms wearing Maxi maxi-mum. They will go to any place wearing this. It is strange!! My all fear is that will Beena also start following this community and that is the reason I say a BIG NO to this.

While wearing anything comfortable is one's own choice, I just can not find a reason why ladies roam around on the roads - for shopping - wearing a Maxi. Is it lethargy .......or poverty.......that forcing them to wear this maximum comfortable Maxi. No clue... but I strongly feel every wear must have a place and occasion to wear.

Ah!!!.........maximum I can change Ammu and Beena but I just can not change all Maxi Moms.

3 comments:

  1. hey J...Strangely your blog has not mentioned the recent terror attacks in mumbai...and thats what makes me more curious ...but I am jst so compelled to write on these horrific events happening in my city...!!we are doing demonstrations..ligting candels...agitating..and even blogging abt it but I really feel helpless that we cannot do any thing concrete for the nation...I was thinking of etleast one way that we can contribute is few corporate houses take responsibility and donate 1 rupee per employee and get the BLOODY bullet proof jackets for our police force so that they do not run away when they see terrorist walking around freely at CST with a AK-47....Priyam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this post! But Beenoos is right! Maxi is comfy! :-) Ok .. It is stupid wearing this outside, but then in Kerala, maxi is national or rather state dress, so nobody complains. But well, the post was very nostalgic. It was great arguing in those days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new blog since long time

    ReplyDelete