Wednesday, May 11, 2016

2015 - year of Judgements

I did not realize that 2015 will be over so fast.  I spent a lot of time on reflecting me and the situations affecting my consciousness.  So it was full of judgments!!

First is about the judgement which I took to leave Polaris where I worked for eight and a half  years and was buried in the mundane work and thankless ... many would say this and agree ....Recruitment! I was always and  passionate about the brand Polaris; its culture and never wanted to leave this Company. However, certain interesting circumstances at work provoked me to think the value I carry. This is when I started toying up with various options and wanted to become an entrepreneur seriously. Consulted this thought with many of my close friends and all gave thumps up.  During this period, I happened to meet Ajay Kolla and couple of discussions landed me to Wisdomjobs.com.   Many advised me of the risk involved and thankful to them but taking Risk is not NOT new to me as in the past I left Mysore Cements Limited (into Manufacturing),  Delhi  where I worked for eleven years and relocated stock barrel to Hyderabad to join Intelligroup, an IT company.  I am just going by my guts and banking on my luck again!!!

Second is about my own judgement on some one.  I am staying in a community called Bollineni Hillside. This community may be having 1000+ families and out of which almost 120  families are from Kerala.  So there is a cultural outfit formed in the name of BHAMA. It is a real God's gift that few selected and good people landed here from God's Own Country.  This year I witnessed the third Onam celebration here.  I was also an active participant and committee member for the celebrations. We had a lot of struggle initially as there was not even single sponsor coming forward and we had no idea how to meet the expenses.  However, I was amazed seeing the motivation and spirit of few of the residents in organising various programs i.e. cultural programs, rangoli competition, painting competition,  sports, sadhya, etc. Since the finance part was very weak, there was a need to control the expenses carefully. We have a Treasurer and he hardly nods his head for any expense being asked for.  However, we had multiple Committees and each committee was given complete freedom to execute the part they are assigned to.  Committees also had sub committees.  Each program was in its class . Done Superbly! The quality of cultural programs was nothing less than a program where we go and watch paying 1000s of rupees. Participation in this whole activity gave me lot of insights and management lessons as to how to organise and execute a big project.  I cannot take names of people involved here as we had a consensus in the committee that we will not appreciate any individual specifically .  However, I have to take name of a person for a different reason and that is Sandeep Karunakaran who is so called Treasurer for BHAMA.  I can only tell that Sandeep is very unique and to cut short, many including me talk nonsense wherever we meet but this guy will always be sensible and never talks nonsense.  He will always demonstrate high values and will stick to certain principles whether you like or not. Sandeep has amazing talent of taking things practically - many a times he asked me this question during the Onam celebration arrangement.... Jayetta ithellam nadako? (Jayetta will all this work?) and also positively. He may appear to be reserved and an introvert but has wonderful capability of networking among his peers. 

The second part of judgement -During the Chennai Floods,  my co-brother passed away suddenly and had to rush to Pune with my wife Beena.  We had to leave my 84 years old father at home alone and had to request my neighbor Shine and Nisha to take care of him. Many may be knowing the trauma what all gone through wherein all struggled without water, power, internet, mobile connectivity for days together.   Sitting in Pune, I used to try all numbers of our friends in Chennai multiple times and will get tired. I used to observe Face Book every minute to see updates on Chennai Floods however nothing on Bollineni, about my father or friends. I and Beena were very worried and I was not able to sleep properly thinking the trouble Shine is going through to take care of my father.  Having said all good things about Sandeep, he is very poor in seeing messages in whatsap ... may be he is thinking its all junk.  So, there are chances he will check messages once in a week.  However, the first call I received during this period was from Sandeep seeing my messages in our whatsap group - not sure what made him to see those. First the call got disconnected and I connected him immediately and I was dumbfound the way he communicated to me.  He was his at best in telling all positive things about the whole situation making me so comfortable.  I asked him few question and his answer cent per cent positive and practical. His message made me so comfortable that day. Now this is an art which every one cannot have that in a bad situation like Chennai floods too, you have the guts to paint a positive picture and give the facts practically and positively. And these circumstances make to judge Sandeep to be very different and unique. I am lucky to have met him!

The year 2015 ended with lot of interesting events and judgement. It is going to be a different life now.


No comments:

Post a Comment