Friday, November 21, 2008

20/20 MALAYALAM MOVIE......lucky day.

We wanted to see Twenty Twenty (20/20) the highly publicised malayalam movie no sooner it is released in Chennai. First I and Beena started debating whether our son Unni will also like to come for this or not. My son Vishnu (Unni) is studying in SRM Engineering College and stays in the Hostel. I was for "yes" but she was not convinced. Anyway, I reserved three tickets through my friend in the office for an evening show at 7.45pm in Mayajaal. I reached home little early to get ready. Unni had Computer exam today from 2pm to 5pm. Beena was busy in preparing the dinner for my Papa. I tried Unni and informed him that we are going for this movie and to our surprise he told that he also want to see this. It was already 6pm and I told him, though we have three tickets, he may not be able to reach Thiruvanmiyur to make it. Unni boards local train from Potheri, gets down at Guindy and then takes an Auto to Thiruvanmiyur. It will atleast take 1 hour 45 minutes. On reaching Mayajaal, we could see lot of youngsters ready to enter into the Screen no. 6 and shouting slogan "Mamu Ka zindabad" and "Lalettan Zindabad" outside. It was a high pitched competition with two groups. This itself was a great enjoyment before the movie started.

The movie started and the entire hall was with full of shouting and whistling with slogans of Mamootty and Mohanlal. It is a three hour movie engaging all the stars you can think of. Mamootty, Mohanlal, Suresh Gopi, Jayaram and Dilip leading from the front. We counted around 64 of them I felt it to be a very good movie with a good grip - though the story line is weak. The editing, photography and direction is superb. Joshy has shown his experience. Joshy could knit the scenes so well that you will not lose and get bored at all in three hours. I and Beena felt that Suresh Gopi has done a very good job. I have never seen any Suresh Gopi movie till now as I dont like his movies. I also felt that he has played the role in such way that is beating down the importance of Mohanlal and Mamooty. Overall it is worth watching movie. The only negative part - Songs and Dance scenes are not great and what all we can expect in a movie.

It was a lucky day for us....

No comments:

Post a Comment